Weet-Bix™ with watermelon
Watermelon syrup adds a delicious summer flavour to Weet-Bix™.
Skill = Medium
- 1 large watermelon
- 6 Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuits
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt
- to serve, sunflower seeds
- To make the watermelon syrup, cut half of the watermelon into cubes, leaving the skin on. Place in a saucepan, and heat on stove on a low heat. The watermelon will begin to break down, but use a spoon or fork to help mash up the pieces.
- Once the watermelon has become mushy, allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Drain the mix through a fine sieve, lined with a piece of clean muslin. Leave to drain to get all the liquid out. Discard the leftover pith and seeds. Pour the liquid back into a clean saucepan. Simmer for another 20 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half. Allow to cool, pour in clean bottle or jug and store in the fridge.
- Divide Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuits between two bowls. Top with slices of fresh watermelon, a spoonful of yoghurt and sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Drizzle over the watermelon syrup to taste.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING: