Apple crumble muffins
These muffins are delicious and travel well in a lunchbox!
- 4 Sanitarium Weet-Bix™ crushed
- 1 1/2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 425g can pink lady apple, drained & diced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup So Good™ Almond Milk
- Place 3 crushed Weet-Bix™, flour, sugar, cinnamon and apple in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine egg, oil and almond milk in a separate bowl.
- Fold liquid ingredients gently into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased 12 hole muffin tray and sprinkle with the remaining one crushed Weet-Bix™.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180°C, for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Use 3/4 cup wholemeal self-raising flour and 3/4 cup white self-raising flour for a lighter result.
- Per Serve
- Energy (kJ)790
- Protein (g)3.6
- Fat (g)8.1
- Saturated Fat (g)1.0
- Carbohydrate (g)23.7
- Sugars (g)9.3
- Dietary Fibre (g)3.5
- Sodium (mg)155
- Potassium (mg)115
- Calcium (mg)36
- Iron (mg)1.4