Weet-Bix™ with grilled tomatoes and basil pesto
Try pesto and tomato toppings on Weet-Bix.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts or walnuts
- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 8 Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuits or Weet-Bix™ Gluten Free
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs freshly grated parmesan, to serve
- Combine the basil, garlic, cheese and nuts in a food processor or high speed blender. Process to mix. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil. Season to taste. Process to the desired consistency. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven grill to high.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, and lay on a baking tray. Sprinkle with a little balsamic vinegar and season with ground black pepper. Grill in oven for 8-10 minutes, until cooked but not falling apart.
- Lay the Weet-Bix™ on a serving tray. Spread each one with a spoonful of the basil pesto. Top with 1 or 2 pieces of tomato, and sprinkle with extra grated parmesan.
- Serve immediately while tomatoes are still warm with extra fresh basil leaves.
- Per Serve
- Energy (kJ)2140
- Protein (g)14
- Fat (g)39
- Saturated Fat (g)8
- Carbohydrate (g)26
- Sugars (g)5
- Dietary Fibre (g)5.4
- Sodium (mg)217
- Potassium (mg)589
- Calcium (mg)213
- Iron (mg)5.2