Weet-Bix™, peanut and chocolate power bars
- 4 Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuits, crushed
- 1 cup cooking oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped dried dates
- 2 tbsp Sanitarium™ smooth peanut butter (less sugar and salt)
- 125g good quality dark cooking chocolate
- ½ cup raw honey
- Preheat oven to 160*C and line a 20 x 30cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place Sanitarium™ smooth peanut butter, chocolate and honey in a heavy-based saucepan over a low heat. Stir until melted together.
- Pour over the dry mix and work quickly to combine.
- Press into baking tray and put in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely (finishing in the fridge) before cutting into bars.
- Per Serve
- Energy (kJ)909
- Protein (g)4
- Fat (g)10
- Saturated Fat (g)5
- Carbohydrate (g)29
- Sugars (g)20
- Dietary Fibre (g)2.9
- Sodium (mg)24
- Potassium (mg)178
- Calcium (mg)16
- Iron (mg)1.2