Weet-Bix, peanut butter and date slice
- 4 Weet-Bix, crushed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup Sanitarium Smooth Peanut Butter
- 125g margarine
- Combine Weet-Bix, oats, coconut, almonds and dates in a large bowl.
- Place honey, peanut butter and margarine in a small saucepan. Melt together over medium heat.
- Pour honey mixture over dry ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined and coated.
- Transfer to a lined slice pan. Refrigerate until set. Cut into 24 squares.
- Cut slice and store in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
- To make a tasty gluten free treat, simply subsitute the plain wholemeal flour with gluten free plain flour. Remember to always check the label of each ingredient to ensure it is gluten free.
- Per Serve
- Protein (g)3
- Saturated Fat (g)0.9
- Carbohydrate (g)17
- Sugars (g)15
- Sodium (mg)20
- Potassium (mg)190
- Calcium (mg)20
- Iron (mg)0.8