Weet-Bix cookies are a tasty wholegrain biscuit, great for the lunchbox or afternoon snack.
Skill = Easy
- 4 Weet-Bix, crushed
- ? cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup wholemeal plain flour
- 100g brown sugar
- ? cup dark choc bits
- ? cup dried apricots, diced
- 3 tbs reduced fat margarine
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ cup boiling water
- Mix together Weet-Bix, rolled oats, flour, sugar, choc bits and apricots until well combined.
- Place margarine and golden syrup in a small saucepan and heat gently until melted.
- Mix bicarbonate of soda and water together then pour into margarine mixture. Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place tablespoons of mixture onto baking trays lined with baking paper. Bake at 160°C for 15-20 minutes. Cool on trays before serving.
- If you prefer your biscuits chewy, cook them for 15 minutes. For crunchier biscuits leave them in the oven for 20 minutes.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING: