Weet-Bix banana choc loaf
Weet-Bix banana choc loaf is as versatile as it is delicious. Enjoy it for morning tea with friends or as a filling after school snack for the kids.
- 3 Weet-Bix, crushed
- 1½ cup white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 60g margarine
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup So Good Lite soy milk
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C.
- In a large bowl combine Weet-Bix, flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips.
- Cream margarine and sugar together, then add bananas, egg and So Good Lite
- Add to dry ingredients, blending well.
- Place in a lightly greased loaf tin. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until skewer inserted in middle of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool. Slice and serve on its own, or toast and serve with yoghurt.
- Try using sultanas or walnuts instead of dark chocolate chips for a different taste.
Saturated Fat (g)1
Dietary Fibre (g)1