Spiced Carrot Cake Bites
Filled with warming winter spices, these bites are the perfect snack for on the go during the chillier months.
- 5 Weet-Bix™, roughly crushed
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (80g)
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup Sanitarium Natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Crack of black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallised ginger (45g)
- Place dates and boiling water into a small bowl. Cover and allow to cool, approximately 10 minutes.
- Place Weet-Bix into a blender or processor and pulse until very finely crushed. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir through grated carrot.
- Place dates, date soaking water, and remaining ingredients (peanut butter through ginger), into the blender or processor. Blend until thick and smooth, adding additional water 1 tsp at a time if needed.
- Scrape date mixture into bowl with Weet-Bix and carrot, and stir well to combine. Use a 1 tbs measure to scoop into 18 portions.
- Using damp hands, or food-prep gloves, to roll into balls. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Optional additions to make it your own: 2 tbsdark choc chips, nuts, seeds, coconut flakes, or protein powder.
Place bites in plastic, beeswax wraps, or foil, for a quick on-the-go snack.
Saturated Fat (g)1
Dietary Fibre (g)4.3