Spiced apple with yoghurt and Weet-Bix™ crunch
A delicious dessert that can just as easily be a morning breakfast! It is also a source of folate and vitamin A which support a healthy immune system as part of a balanced diet.
- 4 Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuits
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup dates
- 150g margarine
- Yoghurt to serve
- Spiced apple mix
- 4 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 star anise
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 170*C. Blitz all of the ingredients apart from the yoghurt, until just combined.
- Spread the mix out on 1 large or 2 small baking trays.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven, turn the mix over with a spatula or wooden spoon then return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until crunchy and golden. Allow to cool.
- In a large saucepan, bring the spiced apple mix ingredients to boil, then cover with a sheet of greaseproof paper and simmer for 5 minutes until soft, gently stirring occasionally.
- To serve, spoon the apple mixture into a glass followed by a spoon of yoghurt, then crumble and repeat till full. The apple mix can be served hot or cold. Reserve any left over crumble mix in a sealed jar to be used later or as a crunchy topping for any breakfast.
Saturated Fat (g)4
Dietary Fibre (g)5.5