Seeded date loaf
Slice this loaf for a lunchbox treat.
- 3 Sanitarium Weet-Bix™ finely crushed
- 1 ¼ cups chopped pitted dates
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ½ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons combined pepitas and sunflower seeds
- Place dates, sugar, oil and 1 cup water in a saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Cool.
- Add egg and mix well, then stir through Weet-Bix™, sifted flour and baking powder.
- Place mixture into a lightly greased and lined 12cm x 21cm loaf tin. Sprinkle with seeds and lightly press into mixture.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180°C, for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Seeds can be omitted from this recipe.
- Cut into slices and store in freezer. Excellent for lunch boxes.
- Per Serve
- Energy (kJ)691
- Protein (g)2.7
- Fat (g)5.1
- Saturated Fat (g)0.8
- Carbohydrate (g)26.2
- Sugars (g)18.5
- Dietary Fibre (g)3.3
- Sodium (mg)100
- Potassium (mg)247
- Calcium (mg)19
- Iron (mg)1.5