Quick spinach frittata
Weet-Bix as the crisp and crunchy crust of a frittata? Brilliant!
- 2 Weet Bix™ Cholesterol Lowering
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup low fat milk or non-dairy milk alternative
- 2 tbs grated Edam cheese, divided
- pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to high. Whisk eggs, milk, spinach, and half the cheese in bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle oil into a small skillet over medium heat. Add crushed Weet-Bix™ to pan, shake to cover base, then immediately pour in egg mixture and spread to edges. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cook on stove 3 minutes. Place pan under grill for 2 minutes to finish cooking and brown top.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Per Serve
- Energy (kJ)1400
- Protein (g)21
- Fat (g)15
- Saturated Fat (g)5
- Carbohydrate (g)6
- Sugars (g)5
- Dietary Fibre (g)5.3
- Sodium (mg)346
- Potassium (mg)616
- Calcium (mg)222
- Iron (mg)3.1
- Plant sterols (g)2