Mini gluten free peanut butter & jelly scrolls
Impress your friends with these sweet homemade GF scrolls, they would also make a great lunchbox treat.
- 3 crushed gluten free Weet-Bix™
- 2 cups + 2 tbs self-raising gluten free flour
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1x recipe berry chia jam (recipe in the tip section!)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Heat the almond milk and oil until just warm. Sprinkle over yeast and let activate for 10 minutes.
- Mix salt, Weet-Bix and flour and add in slowly, mixing as you go until thick. Lightly flour a bench surface and knead your dough well, adding a small amount of flour if needed.
- Filling: On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a long rectangle. Spread a thick layer of peanut butter over the dough, leaving a 2 cm border. Spread chia jam over the top, a thick layer but don't go right to the edge that you will start rolling from as it will spread. Then sprinkle over cinnamon.
- Roll up the dough, pinch to seal with damp fingers. Slice into 9 scrolls, place on a lined tray and bake for 18-20 mins or until just golden. Let cool slightly and serve!
Tips:You can make chia jam yourself it’s with 1 cup mixed berries 1 tbs chia seeds and ½ tsp lemon juice. Add ingredients to a pot over medium heat and cook until hot. Use a potato masher to mash into a jam. Continue cooking for a further few minutes, remove from heat to thicken then pop it in the fridge – YUM!
- Per Serve
- Energy (kJ)1370
- Protein (g)6
- Fat (g)13
- Saturated Fat (g)2
- Carbohydrate (g)45
- Sugars (g)15
- Dietary Fibre (g)3.5
- Sodium (mg)178
- Potassium (mg)211
- Calcium (mg)69
- Iron (mg)0.9