Golden oat cookies
These cookies are a family favourite.
- 4 Sanitarium Weet-Bix™ crushed
- ½ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 100g of butter or margarine
- Combine Weet-Bix™, flour, oats and coconut in a large bowl.
- Place sugar, honey and butter (or margarine) in a saucepan. Bring mixture to boil then reduce and simmer until well combined.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. Roll mixture into balls and press onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180°C, for 15 minutes or until golden.
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa can be added to this recipe.
- Store cookies in an air tight glass jar to keep fresh for longer.
- Per Serve
- Energy (kJ)733
- Protein (g)2.0
- Fat (g)9.8
- Saturated Fat (g)6.7
- Carbohydrate (g)19.5
- Sugars (g)10.1
- Dietary Fibre (g)2.1
- Sodium (mg)55
- Potassium (mg)74
- Calcium (mg)10
- Iron (mg)1.0