Cranberry & Pistachio Weet-Bix Slice
Enjoy this fun and fruity holiday twist on the classic Weet-Bix slice!
- 5 Weet-Bix, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups white self-raising flour (195g)
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut (30 g)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (45 g)
- 1/3 cup pistachios, roughly chopped (45 g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 180 g margarine
- 1 cup caster sugar (200 g)
- 1/4 cup orange juice, no added sugar (60 ml)
- 125 g light cream cheese, room temp
- 1 Tbsp margarine, room temp (20 g)
- 1/4 cup icing sugar (30 g)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp milk of choice, if needed
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F). Line base and two sides of a 20cm x 30cm slice tin with a strip of baking paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together Weet-Bix, flour, coconut, cranberries, pistachios, and salt.
- Melt margarine in a small saucepan or heat-proof bowl. Add sugar and orange juice, and whisk to combine. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until no streaks of flour remain.
- Transfer mixture to prepared tin, and smooth surface.
- Bake 18 - 22 minutes until puffed in the centre and golden on the edges. Cool in tin 20 mins, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- To make icing, combine cream cheese and margarine in a small bowl. Stir vigorously with a spoon until very smooth. Add icing sugar and spices and stir again. If desired, add milk 1 tsp at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Spread icing over cooled slice. Sprinkle with extra cranberry slivers and pistachios to decorate, if desired. Cut into 20 pieces to serve
- Store extra slice in a sealed container in the fridge.
Saturated Fat (g)3
Dietary Fibre (g)1.3