No-bake choc-raspberry slice
An indulgent choc-berry treat with the goodness of Weet-Bix wheat biscuits. Contains the digestive benefit of fibre to keep you regular, as part of a healthy and varied diet.
- 1 cup dates, pitted (180g / 12 medjool dates)
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup So Good™ Almond or Soy Milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 4 Weet-Bix wheat biscuits
- 50 grams 70% dark chocolate
- Line base and two long sides of a loaf tin (approx 23 x 13 cm) tin with baking paper. Place dates into the bowl of a food processor, pour over boiling water and leave to soak 5 minutes.
- Add coconut to processor with dates, and pulse to a rough paste. Add almond milk and salt, pulse again until smooth. Divide mixture into two small bowls.
- Add berries to one bowl of date mixture, stir well, then mix through 3 finely crushed Weet-Bix. Add remaining 1 crushed Weet-Bix to second bowl of date mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread non-berry (caramel) layer into prepared pan. Top with raspberry layer and smooth surface. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Remove slice from pan and place on a tray or board. Gently melt dark chocolate and drizzle over slice, return to fridge until set. Cut into 12 pieces, store in fridge or freezer.
- Melt chocolate over a pan of simmering water. Or microwave in 20-second increments, stirring between each burst.
- For a vegan slice, make sure your dark chocolate is dairy-free.
- Per Serve
- Energy (kJ)580
- Protein (g)2
- Fat (g)7
- Saturated Fat (g)5
- Carbohydrate (g)18
- Sugars (g)14
- Dietary Fibre (g)3.2
- Sodium (mg)63
- Potassium (mg)235
- Calcium (mg)17
- Iron (mg)1.3