A fantastic savoury treat! Keep these cheesy biscuits on hand for an after-school snack or whip them up when friends pop over.
- 4 Weet-Bix, finely crushed
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar or tasty cheese, finely grated
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk, or So Good Soy or Almond Milk
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch of salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Combine Weet-Bix, flour, rosemary, pepper, and cheese in a bowl—toss to combine. In a separate jug whisk together oil, milk and honey. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until well moistened. Gently knead the mixture a few times in the bowl to bring the dough together.
- Lightly dust benchtop with flour, turn
- out dough and pat to 1cm thick. Use a knife or a 5cm cutter to form biscuits. Place biscuit shapes on prepared tray and sprinkle with a bit of sea salt.
- Bake for 12–14 minutes until golden. Cool on tray for 5 minutes then move to a rack to cool completely.
- Per Serve
- Energy (kJ)370
- Protein (g)3
- Fat (g)5
- Saturated Fat (g)02
- Carbohydrate (g)7
- Sugars (g)1
- Dietary Fibre (g)0.6
- Sodium (mg)67
- Potassium (mg)34
- Calcium (mg)67
- Iron (mg)0.5