Baked carrot & chickpea patties
Serve these patties on their own with a dipping sauce, in a wrap, or even as a meat-free burger with a bread roll. A pattie that we like to see – low in saturated fat and a source of fibre.
- ½ small red onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 x 425g tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 3 Weet-Bix wheat biscuits, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place onion and carrot into a food processor and pulse until finely
chopped. Add chickpeas, water, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, and continue to pulse to a rough paste. Remove blade (or transfer to a large bowl) and stir through Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuits. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop mixture. Form into a patty with clean
hands, and place on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining mix.
- Lightly coat top of patties either using olive oil cooking spray or a pastry brush and bake 25 minutes until golden. Cool on tray 5 mins, then move to a rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, with crisp lettuce leaves, and sweet chilli or bbq sauce for dipping.
- Per Serve
- Energy (kJ)308
- Protein (g)4
- Fat (g)2
- Saturated Fat (g)0.4
- Carbohydrate (g)9
- Sugars (g)1
- Dietary Fibre (g)3.4
- Sodium (mg)85
- Potassium (mg)129
- Calcium (mg)24
- Iron (mg)1.1