Carrot Cake Mini-Loaf
Indulgent carrot cake transformed into wholesome mini-loaves— perfect for big and little hands alike!
- 4 Weet-Bix, crushed
- 1 can crushed unsweetened pineapple, including juice (432g tin)
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup milk, or So Good Soy or Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup light flavoured olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sultana (optional)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Lightly oil an 8-hole mini-loaf tin.
- To a large bowl add crushed Weet-Bix, pineapple and pineapple juice. Stir well to moisten, then add grated carrot, cinnamon, salt, sugar, eggs, milk, and oil—stir again.
- Add flour, baking powder, sultanas, and walnuts to the bowl and fold through, making sure not to over-mix.
- Divide batter into prepared tin and bake for 35 minutes, or until tops are golden and a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes with just a few crumbs clinging to it. Cool in tin for 5 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a rack.
Saturated Fat (g)2
Dietary Fibre (g)4.9