Date & seed breakfast cookies
These grab-and-go muffin-like cookies are full of goodness – any time of day. A natural source of protein & fibre.
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed (1/2 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk, or So Good Soy or Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup light flavoured olive oil
- 4 Weet-Bix wheat biscuits, finely crushed
- 1 1/4 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped (180g, 12 medjool dates)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line two trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl whisk banana, eggs, milk and oil. Add crushed Weet-Bix wheat biscuits and stir well to moisten.
- Add flour, cinnamon, salt, dates, and seeds, and fold through.
- Scoop heaped tablespoons of batter onto prepared tray and bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies are golden and firm.
- Cool on pan for 2 minutes, then move to a rack and cool completely.
- Throw in some nuts for some extra crunch!
- These cookies make a great snack for any lunch box. Try replacing sunflower seeds with any other seeds to create different textures.
- Per Serve
- Energy (kJ)898
- Protein (g)6
- Fat (g)10
- Saturated Fat (g)1
- Carbohydrate (g)26
- Sugars (g)14
- Dietary Fibre (g)3.2
- Sodium (mg)120
- Potassium (mg)320
- Calcium (mg)54
- Iron (mg)2