Banana Peanut Butter Bars
The classic combo of banana and peanut butter come together in this perfect winter snack.
- 3 Weet-Bix™, finely crushed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup Sanitarium Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 40 g dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line base and two sides of a 20x20 cm pan with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana. Add peanut butter, egg, sugar, and salt to the banana, and mix well.
- Add the crushed Weet-Bix and oats, and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the slice is puffed on the edges and firm in the centre.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, transfer to a rack to cool completely. Cut into 12 bars, and drizzle with melted chocolate. Store in a covered container in the fridge.
Saturated Fat (g)1
Dietary Fibre (g)1.8