Baked kumara with Gluten free Weet-Bix™ and cottage cheese filling
Original Gluten Free Weet-Bix™ adds a great texture to this kumara potato dish.
- 4 medium purple or orange kumara
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 Gluten Free Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuits, crumbled
- 3/4 cup (170g) low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 tbs finely chopped parsley, mint, chives or basil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheese, like Edam or Colby
- To serve, snipped chives or parsley, lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the kumara on a lined baking tray. Use a skewer or fork to pierce holes in the skin. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Rest the cooked kumara until cool enough to handle.
- Cut off the tops of each one, scoop out the flesh and place this flesh in a large bowl. Set aside the skins.
- Mash the flesh with a fork and stir in the spring onions, Gluten Free Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuits, cottage cheese, parsley, curry powder and season to taste with salt, freshly ground black pepper and lemon juice. Still well to combine.
- Spoon the mashed mix back into each of the kumara. Place on a baking tray and sprinkle over a little grated cheese. Turn the oven grill to high and grill the kumara until the cheese has melted.
- Serve baked kumara while hot or cold sprinkled with snipped chives or parsley and with a salad or fresh steamed vegetables.
- Remember to always check the label of each ingredient to ensure it is gluten free.
Saturated Fat (g)7
Dietary Fibre (g)4.6