Baked Gluten Free Weet-Bix™ Falafel
On their own, in a wrap, or on top of a salad—baked falafel is a great addition to any lunchbox or party platter!
- 3 Weet-Bix™ Gluten free, finely crushed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 spring onion, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor, pulse chickpeas, peas, spring onion, salt and spices to a rough paste. Add crushed gluten free Weet-Bix™ and pulse again to combine.
- Roll walnut sized pieces of the mixture into balls and toss in sesame seeds to coat. Place falafels on prepared trays and press tops to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 20–22 minutes until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature, with a dipping sauce or simply on their own.
- Remember to always check the label of each ingredient to ensure it is gluten free.
Saturated Fat (g)0.2
Dietary Fibre (g)2.1