TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The organiser of this Promotion is Sanitarium Health Food Company (“Sanitarium” “us” or “we”) of 124 Pah Rd, Royal Oak, Auckland 1023.
3. The Promotion is open to any child who has participated in a Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event in the 19/20 series (“TRYathlon”).
4. The Promotion commences 12.00pm 3/03/2020 and ends 11.59pm 05/04/2020.
5. Participants must obtain parental/ guardian permission to enter the Promotion and provide personal information. The participant’s parent/guardian must review and agree to these Terms and Conditions. Sanitarium reserves the right to request confirmation from the participant’s parent/ guardian of such permission and/or request that the participant and their parent/guardian sign an additional model release prior to awarding a winner the prize.
Prizes and Method of Selecting the Winners:
6. To enter the Promotion participants must submit a 100 word biography telling us why they should be the next Weet-Bix Kid (Bio). Participants should tell us about their TRYathlon experience, best training tips and favourite TRYathlon breakfast. Entries can be submitted using the form found at https://weetbix.co.nz/weet-bix-kid/. Participants must provide their contact details (including telephone number, residential address and email address) and submit a photo of themselves.
7. All entries submitted must be the original independent creation of the participant and must not infringe any third party rights.
8. Five winners will be selected by Sanitarium (in its sole discretion) (each separately and together a “Winner”). Winners will be announced by the 15th of April 2020 and will be contacted via phone. Participants should ensure their contact details are correct at the time of entry. In the event a Winner cannot be contacted within five (5) working days after first contact, Sanitarium reserves the right to disqualify that Winner and a new Winner may be selected at Sanitarium’s discretion.
9. For each Winner the Prize will be:
a. Major Prize: The Winner’s image and a short description about them (Winner’s Feature) featured on the 2020/2021 Sanitarium Weet-Bix TRYathlon packaging (“TRYathlon Packaging”) either alone, or together with the other Winners. Refer to paragraph 10 for more information;
b. Westfield gift card valued at $500;
c. 1 x year’s supply of Weet-Bix consisting of 18 boxes of 1.2kg Weet-Bix. The Weet-Bix will be sent to the Winner each month in instalments; and
d. 3 x free entry passes into a 2020/2021 Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event.
10. For the purposes of the Major Prize:
10.1 Winners must be available to:
a. take part in a photoshoot in Auckland in May 2020 or such other day as Sanitarium advises (“Photoshoot”). Flights (if required) will be at the cost of Sanitarium. The photo taken from this Photoshoot will be used as part of the Winner’s Feature on the TRYathlon Packaging; and
b. work with Sanitarium and its agents to write a short description about them to be included as part of the Winner’s Feature on the TRYathlon Packaging.
10.2 If any Winner is not available on the date specified at paragraph 10.1a and/or does not work with Sanitarium and the agent pursuant to paragraph 10.1b, then they will become ineligible as a Winner and a new Winner may be selected by Sanitarium at its sole discretion.
10.3 Participant’s acknowledge that Sanitarium may, but is not required to, use the Bio and photos submitted under this Promotion as part of the Winner’s Feature.
10.4 The position (front and/or back of the TRYathlon Packaging), size and content of the Winner’s Feature on the TRYathlon Packaging will be determined at Sanitarium’s sole discretion. Each Winner’s Feature may be featured on the TRYathlon Packaging alone, or in conjunction with the other Winner’s, Winner’s Feature.
11. All participants agree to participate in any news, media and promotional activities in connection with the Promotion.
12. Sanitarium is authorised to copyright, use, reuse, publish, display, and permit others to use the following, whether submitted as part of the entry into this Promotion, at the Photoshoot, or otherwise in connection with this Promotion (together the “Materials”):
a. the participant’s Bio and photos submitted;
b. the Winner’s Feature;
c. the participant’s name, image, likeness, and voice; and
d. all photographs, recordings, videotapes, audiovisual materials, writings, statements, and quotations of the participant,
in any manner, form, or format now or in the future created (in New Zealand or elsewhere), including the Internet, and for any reasonable purpose, including, but not limited to, the advertising or promotion of the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon (New Zealand and Australia), Sanitarium, its affiliates, or their products, without further consent from or payment to the participant. All Materials become the property of Sanitarium.
13. Sanitarium reserves the right to validate and check the authenticity of all entries and to disqualify any participant in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
14. Sanitarium takes no responsibility for disputes arising as a result of entries submitted by participants, or claims made by third parties who assisted in creating the entry, who are not listed as the participant.
15. Sanitarium and its associated agencies take no responsibility for the transmission or receipt of any incorrect information associated with entries, or for lost, late, stolen, damaged or misdirected entries, either caused by participant error or any equipment or programming malfunction associated with the Promotion.
16. The prize is non-transferable nor redeemable for any cash equivalent. Sanitarium reserves its right to change any prize at any time.
17. For the purposes of the Westfield gift card, the gift card is only valid until the gift card expiry date specified on the gift card or by the provider. Once awarded Sanitarium is not liable for any gift card that has been damaged or tampered with in any way. Some retailers may choose not to accept Westfield gift cards. Westfield gift card terms and conditions apply.
18. Sanitarium will not be liable for any failure to perform, or delay in performing any obligation and Sanitarium reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to vary these Terms and Conditions or any of the terms of entry applying to this Promotion or to modify, terminate, suspend or reschedule this Promotion at any time.
19. Sanitarium’s decision is final in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Sanitarium shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of the Promotion and/or the acceptance of any prize, save for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.