Weet-Bix™ Coconut Christmas Trees
Fun and festive Weet-Bix™ and coconut trees will be a hit with all your holiday guests!
Skill = Medium
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea sal
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Weet-Bix™, finely crushed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut, unsweetened
To decorate (optional)
- Icing sugar
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- glace cherries
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a flat tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, sugar, salt and vanilla until frothy – about 30 seconds. Add Weet-Bix™ and coconut to egg white mixture and stir well.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of batter onto the prepared tray. Leave as mounds, or use wet fingers to pinch tops into tree shapes.
- Bake 8–10 minutes until golden. Cool on tray 5 mins then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- For a special touch, dust with icing sugar or melt dark chocolate and drizzle over cooled cookies. Top with a piece of glace cherry before the chocolate sets.
- To melt chocolate, place chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and microwave in 10 second bursts, stirring each time, until nearly melted. Stir well to help melt any remaining pieces. If the chocolate re-sets as you’re using it, repeat the process.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING: