The Alternative Meat burger
Delicious 'grown, not bred' alternative meat burger. 100% plant based, packed with protein and perfect for a summer barbecue.
Ingredients:For sweet potato crisps:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 Alt Meat Co. Alternative Burger patties
- 2 seeded burger buns, lightly warmed
- 25g Alt Dairy Co. Cheddar Non-Dairy Cheese, sliced
- 1 tomato
- A handful of rocket
- American-style mustard
- Chipotle aioli
Method:For sweet potato crisps:
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Peel sweet potato and cut potato into ribbons using a mandoline.
- Drizzle ribbons with oil and salt. Toss to cover and spread the ribbons evenly over the sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 mins until crispy, turning over half-way through cooking. Set aside.
- Preheat fry pan or BBQ plate to medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Cook burger patties for 3-5 minutes on each side, until crust is golden brown. Take care not to overcook the burgers to preserve juiciness.
- Assemble with pickes, veggies, cheese and sauces.
- Per Serve