Sweet Weet-Bix Slice
This Weet-Bix slice is a fantastic treat for all the family.
Skill = easy
- 5 Weet-Bix crushed
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 200g margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Combine Weet-Bix, flour, baking powder, cocoa and coconut in a mixing bowl.
- Place sugar, golden syrup and margarine into a saucepan and simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- Add vanilla essence and blend together.
- Pour the liquid blend over dry ingredients and mix together.
- Press into a 20cm x 30cm lined baking dish.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180?C, for 15 minutes or until firm. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- To make icing combine icing sugar, cocoa and margarine in a bowl. Gradually add boiling water mixing until desired thickness is reached.
- Spread icing over slice.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING: