Sweet Potato Falafel
Whether served as a choose-your-own adventure plate, or assembled for a grab-and-go pita pocket, these quick, baked, falafel are the star!
- 3 Weet-Bix™, finely crushed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, loosely packed
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 cup steamed sweet potato (250g)
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- 6 small wholemeal pita bread · 2 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 12 slices of tomato
- 12 slices of cucumber
- Natural yoghurt, tahini sauce, or bbq sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor, pulse chickpeas, parsley, salt and spices to a rough paste. Add sweet potato and pulse to incorporate. Add crushed Weet-Bix and stir well to combine.
- Use a tablespoon to portion mixture into 24 pieces, and roll into rounds. Place falafels on prepared tray, press tops to flatten slightly, and lightly spray with the oil.
- Bake 20–22 minutes until golden, rotating tray half way through.
- Serve falafel with pita and salad.
- For larger falafel, portion into 18 balls (3 per serve).
Saturated Fat (g)0.3
Dietary Fibre (g)7.3