Spinach parcels are perfect for dinner parties or as an entree.
- 3 Sanitarium Weet-Bix™, crushed
- 2 sheets of square puff pastry
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 bunch shallots (spring onions, white and pale green parts), finely sliced
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- 5 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lay out the pastry sheets and score into square quarters.
- In a large bowl, place the spinach leaves, cheese, Weet Bix™ and 4 eggs. Stir to combine.
- Place 1/8 of the mixture onto each quarter of the pastry, keeping it neat and tidy in the centre.
- Brush the edges of the square with egg, and draw the 4 points together in a peak.
- Pinch the seams of the pastry together, and brush the top with egg.
- Bake on the lined tray for 25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Spinach parcels are tasty hot, or at room temperature.
- Per Serve
- Energy (kJ)846
- Protein (g)8.3
- Fat (g)10.0
- Saturated Fat (g)4.4
- Sugars (g)0.9
- Dietary Fibre (g)2.3
- Sodium (mg)285
- Potassium (mg)125
- Calcium (mg)96
- Iron (mg)1.5