Peach, strawberry and Weet-Bix™ crumble cups
Try this delicious Weet-Bix™ recipe for breakfast – or dessert!
Skill = Easy
- 4 firm, ripe peaches, peeled, stones removed
- 250g fresh or frozen strawberries, hulls removed, cut into quarters
- ¼ cup (40g) brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp mixed spice
- 4 Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuits or Weet-Bix™ Gluten Free, crumbled
- 4 tsp rice bran margarine
- To serve, plain unsweetened yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slice the peaches and strawberries and place in a large bowl. Toss together with the sugar, spices and Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuits.
- In four 300ml oven-proof cups or ramekins, spoon the mixture in and press down to pack in. Dot the tops of each cup with a little bit of the margarine.
- Cook in oven for about 35 minutes or until golden brown and crisp on top. Serve warm with yoghurt. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon to taste.
- Use any stone fruit and berries as an alternative.
- Canned peaches can be used, choose peaches in light syrup.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING: