Oven baked granola
This granola makes a delicious snack and can be sprinkled over yoghurt.
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 Sanitarium Weet-BixTM, crushed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons Grapeseed oil
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- Place dates and water in a small saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until soft.Place date mixture and honey into blender and blend until smooth.
- Place date mixture and remaining ingredients, except apricots, into a bowl and mix well.
- Spread mixture onto a baking tray and bake in a moderate oven, 180°C, for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or until golden Remove from oven and leave to completely cool.
- Stir through apricots. When cold store in an airtight container. Makes a dozen ¼ cup serves.
- Any combination of dried fruit can be used in this recipe. Granola must be completely cold before sealing in a container otherwise it will lose its crispness.
- Excellent snack to pack in lunchbox
Saturated Fat (g)2
Dietary Fibre (g)3.2