Frozen banana pops
Turn Weet-Bix, bananas, and yoghurt into a fun and healthy snack – perfect for the whole family!
- 4 bananas, peeled
- 2 Weet-Bix™ finely crushed
- 2 Tbsp sprinkles, or other mix-in (100s & 1000s, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, etc)
- 3/4 cup natural yoghurt, divided
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 2 Tbsp fresh or frozen raspberries, mashed
- dairy milk or So Good milk, as necessary
- 8 popsicle sticks
- Cut bananas in half and insert a popsicle stick into the cut base of each piece. Transfer banana pops to a baking paper lined tray and freeze 2 - 4 hours, or until firm.
- Melt chocolate in small bowl. Measure out 1/4 cup of the yoghurt and slowly add to the chocolate, stirring through one spoonful before adding another.
- If the mixture starts to get too firm due to the cold yoghurt, place the bowl into a dish of hot water, or microwave in 5 sec bursts. If necessary, add milk – a spoonful at a time – to thin the chocolate yoghurt to pouring cream consistency. If, and how much, you will need will depend on the type and brand of yoghurt used!
- Transfer chocolate mixture to a narrow drinking glass.
- Place mashed berries in the bottom of another narrow glass. Add remaining 1/2 cup yoghurt and stir well. Thin with milk if necessary.
- Combine Weet-Bix and sprinkles (or other mix-in) in a shallow dish. Working with one frozen banana at a time, dip into the glass of chocolate or raspberry yoghurt, then immediately coat with Weet-Bix mixture. Return coated popsicles to the lined tray. Repeat with remaining banana pops. Store in freezer until required.
- For white-dipped bananas, use yoghurt without any add-ins. For yellow, add a sprinkle of turmeric to the yoghurt. For purple, add mashed frozen blueberries!
- For smaller popsicles, cut each banana into 4 pieces, instead of 2.
- Don’t discard the leftover yoghurt dip – save for another meal, or thin with water to a milk-like consistency and use in place of the liquid in a muffin or pancake recipe!
- Per Serve
- Energy (kJ)517
- Protein (g)3
- Fat (g)4
- Saturated Fat (g)3
- Carbohydrate (g)17
- Sugars (g)11
- Dietary Fibre (g)2.0
- Sodium (mg)31
- Potassium (mg)287
- Calcium (mg)54
- Iron (mg)0.9