Choc banana smoothie
Chocolate is always a special treat – and the little ones won’t even know this smoothie is good for them! High in fibre & contains protein which is vital for growing bodies as part of a healthy and varied diet.
- 1 Weet-Bix wheat biscuit
- 1 ripe banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup milk, or So Good Almond or Soy Milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter, optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into glass.
- Garnish with slices of banana and a sprinkle of Weet-Bix wheat biscuit.
- Include a quarter of an avocado for extra creaminess and a hidden nutrition boost.
- You can add more milk while blending for a thinner consistency, or add a handful of ice for an extra-cold smoothie.
- If your banana is not extra-ripe, blend in one pitted date to sweeten.
- Per Serve
- Energy (kJ)1740
- Protein (g)9
- Fat (g)16
- Saturated Fat (g)1
- Carbohydrate (g)59
- Sugars (g)41
- Dietary Fibre (g)5.8
- Sodium (mg)138
- Potassium (mg)721
- Calcium (mg)58
- Iron (mg)2.4