Baked kumara with Weet-Bix™ and cottage cheese filling
Weet-Bix adds texture to our Baked sweet potato with Weet-bix™ and cottage cheese filling dish
Skill = Easy
- 4 medium purple or orange kumara
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuits, crumbled
- ¾ cup (170g) low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 tbs finely chopped parsley, mint, chives or basil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ lemon, juice of
- ½ cup low-fat cheese, like Edam or Colby
- To serve, snipped chives or parsley, lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the kumara on a lined baking tray. Use a skewer or fork to pierce holes in the skin. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Rest the cooked kumara until cool enough to handle.
- Cut off the tops of each one, scoop out the flesh and place this flesh in a large bowl. Set aside the skins.
- Mash the flesh with a fork and stir in the spring onions, Weet-Bix™ wheat biscuits, cottage cheese, parsley, curry powder and season to taste with salt, freshly ground black pepper and lemon juice. Still well to combine.
- Spoon the mashed mix back into each of the kumara. Place on a baking tray and sprinkle over a little grated cheese. Turn the oven grill to high and grill the kumara until the cheese has melted.
- Serve baked kumara while hot or cold sprinkled with snipped chives or parsley and with a salad or fresh steamed vegetables.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING: