Apple raspberry crumble
This simple and delicious Apple raspberry crumble is a tasty twist on a classic favourite. Serve with So Good ice cream for an indulgent dairy/lactose free dessert.
- 800g can sliced/diced apples
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 4 Weet-Bix, lightly crushed
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs macadamia nut oil or rice bran oil
- Combine apples and berries and place in a casserole dish.
- Combine crumble ingredients and sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180°C, for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately with low-fat ice cream or custard.
- Macadamia nuts are available all year round. When choosing, it's best to purchase nuts in an air-tight package. To ensure optimum freshness, store macadamias in an air-tight container, in a cool, dry place.